Entry requirements, health and general information
- Citizen of the EU need a valid passport or ID card. Under 16s can be included on the passport of their father, mother or tutor, as long as they have the same nationality as the passport holder and are travelling with him/her. Furthermore, if the young person is travelling with an ID card, this should be accompanied by parental authorisation.
It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.
Given that conditions may vary, we suggest that you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.
- If you have booked a package tour including transfer from/to the airport of Ibiza your tour operator will welcome you at Ibiza airport. There, your tour operator will also provide you with your ferry tickets. If you have made your own travel arrangements, there is a taxi rank directly in front of the arrival terminal; the journey to Ibiza harbour takes 10-15 minutes and costs ca. EUR 17.00. There is also a bus line running from the airport to the harbour; travelling takes ca. 30 minutes (single ticket ca. EUR 3).
- Current ferry schedules can be found at www.trasmapi.com and www.medpitiusa.net
- At Formentera harbour there is also a taxi rank. For travelling back proceed in reverse order. Guests having booked their travel including transfer will be picked up at their holiday facility (please watch out for the notices concerning the pick-up times). If you have not booked any transfer or do not dispose of a rental car please order a taxi right in advance (one day before you leave).
The taxi ranks can be called under the following phone numbers:
Es Pujols Tel: (+34)971-328016
La Savina Tel: (+34)971-322002
Sant Francesc Tel: (+34)971-322016
- On Formentera the accommodation facilities are normally simple but clean in return, tourist ghettos and giant hotels are a foreign concept on this marvellous island and this is, in any case, worth a little less of luxury.
On your day of arrival your rooms/apartments are ready for occupancy from ca.15:00 o clock; on your day of departure you have to leave your holiday facility at 12:00 am.
If you are taking a late plane ask for the possibility to leave your luggage at your accommodation facility (ask at the reception or, if there is none, ask the cleaning lady).
All accommodations are furnished with bed linen and towels. If you are staying for more than one week, your accommodation will be cleaned once per week; if you are staying for one week only the final cleaning is included.
Cots are available at every location, do, however, have to be booked in advance. The respective fee is to be paid on site.
The tap water is slightly salty and not suited for drinking. However, you may obtain favourably priced 5 litre canisters of drinking water at every supermarket.
- The sinking of the ground water level, the level in the wells, empty cisterns, pump failures etc. and the consequential disruption of the water supply are force majeure. We kindly ask you for your patience. The disruption may last up to 2 days.
- Es Pujols has a noisy city centre. Partly, the apartment houses are poorly insulated; this may result in noise annoyances caused by the traffic on the main street. Any claims for compensation are expressly excluded.
Please make sure you have taken the following with you:
- Matches/lighter, as the apartments are mostly equipped with gas ovens
- A torch, as the streets outside the villages are mostly unlighted
- A bathing towel, as the hotels, guesthouses and apartments only provide shower towels
- Since February 2007 Formentera has its own hospital, the Hospital de Formentera . It is located shortly behind the roundabout in San Francesc.
- Pharmacies (Farmacia) are in Sant Ferran, Sant Francesc and Es Pujols. As in Germany, one of them is on 24-hour service which one, is indicated on a notice in the window.
- There are two petrol stations on Formentera, the first one, Cespa , is located in the street from leading from the harbour to Sant Francesc and is open from 07:00 am - 10:00 pm. In addition to cash, also credit cards (VISA, Mastercard + AMEX) are accepted. The second one, Repsol , is located some kilometres further on shortly before Sant Ferran. This petrol station has a 24-hour service. From 07:00 am - 09:30 pm the counters are open as usually. (VISA and Mastercard are accepted) from 09:30 pm - 07:00 am you have to pay at a machine which only accepts cash (notes) and you have to pay before filling you car. Change is not returned!
- Besides the numerous small supermarkets there are two larger ones on the island: the Syp Eroski in St. Francesc and the Ofiusa at the street leading to La Mola/Es Calo shortly behind St. Ferran.
The opening hours vary from supermarket to supermarket but they are normally open Mondays to Saturdays from 09:00 am to 01:00 pm and 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm. In the main season some supermarkets also open on Sunday mornings.
- Formentara provides for a large variety of sporting facilities. However, water sport facilities dominate besides walking and cycling.
- Walking/cycling - 32 green routes (rutas verdas) lead the walker or cyclist to the most beautiful places on the island. The Ayuntament de Formentera issued a brochure describing these routes. It is available at the tourist information in St. Francesc (in front of the town hall) or online:
Windsurfing/Kiting/Catamaran sailing - Wet4fun operates 3 stations on the island (Es Pujols, Ca Mari, Playa Arenals) for further information visit www.wet4fun.com
- Diving, e.g. the diving school of La Mola www.tauchen-lamola.de
- Swimming: beautiful bays with turquoise-blue clean sea water make you want to stop and bath or swim. However, be careful in case of strong currents or wind! In any case, do not go into the sea if the red flag flies!
- There are a great number of rentals spread all over the island. Bicycles and Vespas can only be rented on site; cars can also be rented in Germany contact us for our daily updated rental car prices.
NEW! Now also environmentally friendly electric vehicles are rented out on Formentera.
- Banks are located in Sant Francesc and Sant Ferran, EC cash machines in Sant Francesc, Sant Ferran and Es Pujols
- You can surf the internet in Sant Ferran (e.g. P.O.Box) and in Es Pujols and, nowadays, also in most hotels and apartment facilities.
- Formentera - The somewhat different travel guide by Niklaus Schmid, Reise-Know-How-Verlag (also available as audio book)
- Formentera including tips on Ibiza - The complete travel manual by Ariane Martin; Unterwegs Verlag
- The Formentera Detective Stories by Niklaus Schmid
- The Dog Bone , Bee Eater and Stilting Bird and Corpse in the Salt Grafit Verlag
- Live Webcam Es Pujols www.wet4fun/webcam
- Live Webcam Bluebar www.BlueBarFormentera.com
- Forum www.fonda.de
Further Important Telephone Numbers
- General Emergency 112
- Ibiza Airport 0034 - 971 - 809000
In case of any further questions or should you require further tips please contact us. We will be glad to be of your personal assistance.